Those of us who have the luxury of an extra bedroom in our homes more often than not end up converting it into a guest bedroom. Planning a room for our guests to stay in requires extra care so you can ensure every comfort for them. In fact, in ensuring functionality and comfort for the guests in the guest bedroom, we often forget about including elements of style in the interior design for the room. So why not splurge and create an eclectic guest room which has all the necessary elements for style, glamour and warmth as well. Let’s take a look at some of the tips from luxury interior decorators on how to decorate an eclectic guest room:
1. Colours, colours, colours – for an eclectic look, there is nothing easier and perfect than the abundant use of colours. Forget the neutral shades and opt for bright and bold shades which capture all the attention and transform the guest room into a style hub. If you still can’t keep out the neutrals for the walls, pair them with colour accessories and furnishing. Neutral shades may be recommended for creating a soothing and relaxing atmosphere but bright eclectic colours too, when used judiciously, say in a bedspread or in curtains, can provide for a cosy ambience for the guest room.
2. Wall art might be a good idea too – splurging on the guest room is not such a bad idea especially when you are seeking to create an eclectic decor. Instead of plain walls which are a standard fare in most homes, give your guests the experience of a refreshing look for their bedroom by choosing an accent wall. There are any numbers of ways you can incorporate an accent wall and this includes using different textures, installing wall panels of leather or wood, choosing a wall mural or simply selecting brightly patterned wallpaper.
3. Mix and match furniture – Eclectic means assorted and when it comes to designing an eclectic guest room, installing assorted furniture sounds like a steal. Keep the bed the centre of attraction and whatever style you choose, make sure that it is adequately comfortable. For the rest of the furniture, first you’ll need to plan what all you need to keep to provide maximum functionality for storage, seating and also working. The next step would be to determine the spare area that is leftover after the bed has been placed. For more diversity in the furniture, visit a thrift store or an antique furniture dealer who can help you find an assortment of furniture in different styles, shapes and sizes to meet your requirements.
4. Go Bohemian chic – a popular new trend for eclectic interior design which has caught the imagination of experts even in the best luxury interior company is the Bohemian chic look. Inspired by the gypsies, it is a style which is unconventional and artistic and varies according to the individual who does the decoration. Mix old and new items with artistic flair for a dramatic appearance. And cover every space with chic trendy items which express your personal style.
5. Eid Mubarak everyone. And while you celebrate, also read this hilarious story about the sale of goats online!!
6. Don’t pick a theme – best way to create an eclectic feel for the guest bedroom is to not pick a particular theme. Mix and match work best to create a feel which is eclectic and bold. Colours, patterns, textures, prints, fabrics – feel free to use any and every style you like.
If you choose to decorate your guest room in an eclectic fashion, feel free to experiment. But whatever you choose to do and incorporate, make sure you ensure maximum comfort and warmth for your guest.